The Michigan Boating Industries Association has worked hard to establish itself as "the" voice of both the marine industry and its consumers here in Michigan. Through this voice, MBIA has taken a leadership role in making the leaders of our state and local government more responsive to the recreational boating community. Your personal contribution can give you the confidence of knowing that you have contributed to the industry from which you have invested a considerable amount of time and from which you derive your income.
More often than not we are faced with a government which is working at odds with the interests of the recreational boating community. Because of this, an MBIA - Political Action Committee (PAC) has been formed as a means to exert more influence and as a means of stimulating communication between candidates for office and the recreational boating industry from which we earn our living.
Member participation is essential to ensure the success of the MBIA-PAC. We solicit all members to contribute and to share opinions on issues facing our business community. Alone, interests can get lost in the shuffle but when a candidate receives contributions from the MBIA-PAC, there is no confusion about our issues.
MBIA-PAC ensures businessmen and women and their employees the opportunity to participate in the election of people who make decisions affecting our business and employment.
How are MBIA-PAC funds spent?
Based on input from MBIA members, voting records, electability, interviews and recommendations from MBIA lobbyists and the Board of Directors, appropriate candidates will be chosen to receive support.
MBIA-PAC's criteria for support are:
- Candidates who have consistently supported recreational boating legislation.
- Candidates who are supportive of a strong business climate where private enterprise can continue to grow and prosper.
Regulations of MBIA-PAC
- All contributions to MBIA-PAC must be made by personal check. The MBIA-PAC cannot accept cash contributions or corporate checks.
- There are no maximum or minimum regulations on the amount contributed.
- You need not be an MBIA member to contribute.
- Each initial contribution must be accompanied by a completed MBIA-PAC form.
- Your personal contribution can give you the confidence of knowing that you have contributed to the industry from which you have invested a considerable amount of time and from which you derive your income.
Click here for a PDF donation form